Answer or Solution :
1. Solving this "Rectangular Cake" puzzle is not as complicated as it looks.
2. This puzzle can be solved in two ways, one simple way and another more logical way.
3. Simple way is that you can slice the cake horizontally across the length of the cake, exactly at the center of its height to get two equal halves, despite the size of the cut portion.
4. But that's not the question exactly. You should make the cake into two halves by cutting it with one cut (straight line), just like we cut a vegetable.
5. To solve this puzzle you need to know one important and simple mathematical logic that, "To divide a rectangle into two equal halves, you need to cut it through its center at any angle".
6. That is when you draw a straight line connecting the opposite sides of the rectangle and that passes through its center, then both sides of the line contains equal area and measures the same angle at the center.
7. Solving this puzzle is possible only if we consider that the removed rectangular portion of the cake is exactly at the center of the cake, irrespective of its size.
8. When the inner rectangle is not placed exactly at the center of the outer rectangle, we cannot draw a straight line that passes through the center of both the rectangles.
9. To make a straight cut both rectangles should have the same center.
9. Considering that the cut portion of the cake is at the center of the cake, cut the cake as a straight line passing through the center of the cake, and you have now made two equal halves of the cake, irrespective of the size of the cut portion.